Identity is committed to bringing you the latest and most accurate information on the ever-changing landscape of immigration rules. On Monday, January 27, the Supreme Court gave the Trump Administration permission to enforce the DHS version of the public charge rule. While the legality of the rule is still being fought, its implementation has sown fear and confusion in the immigrant community. The following links give more information in both English and Spanish.
Resources in English:
- UnidosUS blog post: https://blog.unidosus.org/2020/01/28/supreme-court-rules-on-public-charge/
- KYR (PIF): https://protectingimmigrantfamilies.org/know-your-rights/
- Boundless estimator: https://www.boundless.com/public-charge-estimator/
Resources in Spanish:
- SNAP (from CO group): https://www.
hungerfreecolorado.org/wp- content/uploads/2019/10/ Public-Charge-Stoplight-SPAN- DIGITAL.pdf
- SNAP/Public Charge (MA group): https://www.masslegalservices.
org/system/files/library/MLRI% 2C%20Food%20Banks%2C%20PB% 20flier%20-%20SNAP%20public% 20charge.%20Final%20Sept% 202019%2C%20Spanish_0.pdf
- Public Charge FAQ (PIF): https://
protectingimmigrantfamilies. org/wp-content/uploads/2019/ 11/Public-Charge-Does-This- Apply-To-Me-Updated-October- 24-2019-SPANISH.pdf
- Public Charge FAQ (NYC): https://hhinternet.blob.core.
windows.net/uploads/2019/09/ legal-health-public-charge- flyer-spanish.pdf
- Health KYR (PIF): https://
protectingimmigrantfamilies. org/wp-content/uploads/2019/ 11/You-Have-Rights-Protect- Your-Health-Updated-October- 24-2019-SPANISH.pdf
- Child-specific (PIF): https://
protectingimmigrantfamilies. org/wp-content/uploads/2019/ 11/Should-I-Enroll-My- Children-in-Programs-Updated- October-24-2019-SPANISH.pdf
- Health program explainer (NYC): https://hhinternet.blob.core.
- All of Boundless’ explainers, estimator, etc.: https://www.boundless.com/en-