Thank you for your interest in employment with Identity.
Identity’s reputation for providing quality services is reflected in its employees, who form an outstanding bilingual team with the expertise to carry out Identity’s mission of serving Latino and other diverse youth with excellence.
Identity, a nonprofit community-based organization serving youth and their families, is seeking a full-time Bilingual (Spanish) Mental Health Therapist for our young-adult students. This position is located in two centers, our Crossroads Youth Opportunity Center in Takoma Park, MD and at our Up-County Youth Opportunity Center in Gaithersburg, MD. The Mental Health Therapist performs a full range of clinical services including client assessment, development of treatment plans, individual and family counseling, reunification related services, and maintenance of client records.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling, required
- Knowledge of and experience in assessment, crisis intervention, individual and family counseling, trauma-focused service delivery
- 3-5 years of experience working with diverse populations, specifically at-risk Latino and African-American youth and families
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish required
- Can travel from site to site efficiently
Identity’s primary goal is to support Latino and other vulnerable youth in making a successful transition to adulthood by providing a range of services that reduce their risk factors, increase their protective factors, strengthen their social and emotional well-being and support their academic and economic achievements. All of our work is grounded in the Positive Youth Development model, supported by intensive case management and counseling, and rigorously evaluated. Identity believes that young people deserve more than one chance and that society is enhanced by diversity.
This position requires travel to both centers weekly with approximately an even amount of work at both centers including work with the reunification program during evening hours.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org
Identity, a nonprofit community-based organization serving youth and their families, is seeking a 30 hours Spanish & English GED Instructor for our young-adult students. Classes are held at the Up–County Youth Opportunity Center in Gaithersburg, MD.
The Spanish & English GED Instructor will be responsible for planning and delivering both English and Spanish GED instruction/ tutoring with the goal of helping youth pass the GED exam.
The GED program is a key element in our goal to support young people in their transition to adulthood, helping them move closer to acquiring the skills and experiences necessary to secure steady employment and be on a path toward self-sufficiency. All of our work is grounded in the Positive Youth Development model, supported by intensive family case management and counseling.
- Experience with GED programs
- Experience teaching adults in all 4 GED subjects, Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Math
- Certified teachers preferred
- Must be able to pass a federal criminal background check and a Child Protective Services background check.
Click HERE to see the full job description
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Identity, a nonprofit community-based organization serving youth and their families, is seeking a part-time Program Facilitator. This position is located at Gaithersburg High School Wellness Center. The Program Facilitator facilitates or co-facilitates various after-school programs with groups of up to 25 youth. Responsibilities include: assisting with preparing and running sessions, performing data entry, and filing and undertaking other administrative work as necessary.
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college preferred. Additional education and training in social and human services preferred.
- 0-1 year working with youth or community outreach/enrichment program(s).
- Must be able to pass federal criminal background check and Child Protective Services background check.
- Must complete the following trainings upon hire: Advancing Youth Development, Child Protective Services, HIPAA, and CPR/First Aid
Click HERE to see the full job description
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Identity has openings for short-term contract positions. To express interest, please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com, or to the email address listed in the ad. Please mention where you initially saw the opening. In most cases, applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
ESOL Instructor-Bilingual, Takoma Park
Identity offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance; and health reimbursement accounts. In addition, we offer a 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid holidays, and generous paid time off. As an added benefit, Identity offers several opportunities for professional training.
Identity is an equal opportunity employer.