Identity has a long history of providing youth with help transitioning to higher education and the world of work.
Our workforce development programming includes:
- Rigorous job-readiness skills training.
- Academic enrichment and tutoring.
- GED preparation.
- Basic English as a Second Language (ESL) and assistance enrolling in more advanced programs.
- Life-skills programming.
- Wraparound services, including case management and mental health and substance abuse counseling.
- Internships and other work experiences.
We aim to establish a job-training program coupled with job placement services. The intent is to provide the youth with the skills and resources necessary to secure meaningful jobs, as well as to facilitate connections with prospective employers that lead to employment opportunities.
Our goal is to help youth experience steady employment, grow professionally, and move toward self-sufficiency.
Identity accepts client referrals for GED preparation, case management, mental health counseling, substance abuse counseling, and several other programs and services provided through our Youth Opportunity Centers (YOCs), which are located in Gaithersburg and Takoma Park.
Click the button below to use our client referral form.
Individuals may also ask for help directly by using the referral form.